Saturday, January 12, 2013


An interesting tree spotted near the place where we went to started our bio bay excursion.  Can anyone identify it for me?


This was our transportation from the Island Adventures headquarters to Mosquito Bay.  It can go remarkably fast over unpaved roads.  Persons with back problems are recommended to the front of the bus.  

I had read that it was impossible to photograph the bio luminescent glow so I didn't take my camera.  Turns out that with the proper equipment and a steady hand it can be done.  My camera probably would have captured some sort of image once I set it up properly.  Maybe next time.  Ricky was our guide for the tour and I am pleased to say he was quite knowledgeable.  So many of these type of guides will just make up some sort of BS when they really don't understand.  I was also impressed with my ability to remember the term mitosis when he posed that question.


No comments:

Post a Comment